I am very pleased to announce that as from the end of January 2013 the Writers' Centre will have a new home within the HUGE villa that is El Mesaha Arts & Culture Centre in Dokki, Cairo.
There will be a menu of events such as:
- Writing salons - writers and artists gather to share, talk and present their work or ideas
- Writers' table - a designated time that writers can come and use the space to focus on their work and also network, share if they choose
- Writing surgeries - writers come with their current draft narrative that they are still working on and receive help to move it on
- Creative writing courses
- Day trips to places of literary interest in and around Cairo
- Short residential writing trips to places of natural beauty in Egypt
- Open mics - a platform for spoken word artists, writers and musicians to present and perform
Please keep watching here and the Writers' Centre blogsite http://www.writerscentre.blogspot.com for updates and actual event times and dates!